Best Boutique Hotels Prague
- Cityscape Picturesque pages from history
- City life Truly Bohemian
A cobblestoned fairytale high in tradition and counterculture, Prague is an architectural medley of antique churches, brutalist relics and art nouveau facades.
The Bohemian pride in tradition and fringe arts is changing its warehouse districts, with brand new bars and galleries, clubs and restaurants – Prague’s post-Communist renaissance gave its gastronomic fortunes a fillip, too. At the same time frozen over time as well as on fast-forward, the brand new Czech means embraces clean-cut futurism and a louche Bohemian mien.
Do go/Don’t go
Winters are freezing, summers scorching and hectic – top times tend to be belated springtime and very early autumn. In the event that you don’t mind the cool, and regular smog alerts, the city is beautiful in snow.
- Planes Václav Havel Airport is approximately 20 mins from town center. Taxis are around CZK650 (about €22), but the majority accommodations provide a totally free pick-up service in the event that you phone ahead. Bus 199 goes to Dejvická station, that will be regarding the metro.
- Trains International trains arrive at the art nouveau Main Railway Station. The Metro system is substantial and simple to make use of; a three-day pass is CZK310.
- Automobiles Driving isn’t easy, and parking is hellish: most places tend to be residents-only blue areas.
- Taxis certainly prevent hailing them regarding road because so many motorists you will need to get away with the 'scenic path' rather than turning from the meter. Take to AAA Radio Taxis on 2211 0 2211 or 14 0 14.